Elevation Info: NAVD88 Elevation: 6774 ft. / 2064 m
Latitude/Longitude (WGS84)48.37136°N / 119.06118°W
The Moses Mountain Lookout Tower is located on top of the mountains northwest of Nespelem with line of sight to Omak and Keller Mountain. There is primitive road access to the site. Access is suitable. Access is will require snow machine access during winter conditions.
- Tower is (2) short Rohn 45G tower sections erected vertical with 45G sections erected horizontal between that is being utilized as a communication Tower.
- The construction method and structural capacity of the tower base foundation is unknown. The construction method and structural capacity of the tower base foundation is unknown ICI cannot comment on the adequacy of the existing tower foundation.
- Mild corrosion is evident on tower some assembly bolts.
- The antenna mounts and antenna mounting hardware for several antennas are rusting.
- No lightning rod is placed on top of tower.
- The tower is not in compliance with the specifications for a Class” A” climb facility as defined in the TIA-222-G tower design standard.
- In general, the site is not adequately grounded. Sub-surface ground system cannot be verified. Site grounding is not in compliance and does not meet MOTOROLA R56 standards.
- Site road access is good with winter access issues.
- Site is not served by commercial Power.
- Site is powered by dual back-up DC marine generators and a primary rack mounted solar power array with charge controllers charging a battery bank configured for 12VDC to power the site. This system requires to be started manually.
- The existing equipment shelter is good condition. Equipment shelter is placed on full size concrete slab foundation. The existing building currently is large enough to house the existing radio equipment and house back-up emergency generators in separate generator room.
- Equipment shelter is not equipped for environmental conditions. No climate control (HVAC) or dust control.
- There is a security fence with security wire on the top.
- Climb Warning signs, RF Warning signs and No Trespass signs were not posted.
- Tower is extremely limited in its current configuration.
- It is ICI’s professional opinion it would be most feasible to upgrade the site by erecting a new tower 150’ self-supporting lattice tower and placing new 12’ x 30’ Pre-fabricated concrete equipment shelter with the emergency back-up generator housed in the equipment shelter.
- This site location is a desirable location for Colocation. It also would resolve all site deficiencies.
- The existing equipment shelter could be re-purposed in another more suitable location. The tower Rohn 45G tower sections could also be re-purposed in another more suitable application.